Thursday, June 11, 2009

Up to things.











I've been up to things. Several things...

James is no longer an elementary school baby. In fact, he's "on the list"! Yes, I am sounding utterly incoherent but the theme of his "graduation" was Hollywood. Is it just me or is it amazing to you how many "graduations" children go through nowadays? Anyway, it was fun, I finally got to see him interact with the teacher who "hated" him and I cried a lot. It is those moments, as I've said before, when his father isn't present that his absence is breathtaking. On the up side, for there is always an up side if you look hard enough, James' aunt and his great aunt were able to be there. On the even uppier side, my father (yay for dads!) came down the next day and is still here.

See the little kittens there? Aren't they cute? Want one?

In a fit of madness, blinded by the cuteness of it all--- one kitten for James turned into two kittens for James because I couldn't bear to take the tabby and leave the little runt calico all on her own. We are regretful, also amused. They are fun in a destructive, where's the Shamwow sort of way.

Look at that! Someone came and dug a huge hole in our backyard, and I paid them too! And the Homeowner's Association got all in my face, and I found out that Homeowner's Associations are the equivalent to GOD in Texas. I also found out that, even though I followed the rules and submittend everything and received an "Approval", they can decide that I hadn't. Yay for swimming pools though.

11 comments:

Scott said...

Congrats on the graduation! And the swimming pool. I hope your not the one who has to vacuum it every week. The pool should come in handy in that Texas heat.

Jana said...

Cute kittens....I'd love to take one, but we've got some allergic people in our house.

I hear you on the HOA's in TX. Definitely full of people with way too much time on their hands (and sticks up their butts, too).

Jeanette said...

The kittens are adorable and that looks like it's going to be a nice pool someday! Glad to hear from you again!

BetteJo said...

I've already got 4 cats and am waiting to get the number down to 2 - through natural attrition.

You get to finish the pool, don't you?

Nance said...

I have Kitten Envy--esp the calico!

Rach said...

HOAs are the bane of my existence. Good luck with them. :eye roll:

The kitties are TOO wonderful! :o) Lucky James!

And, speaking of James, congratulations on getting him through elementary school. :o) I bet you are both looking forward to the summer.

BTW, how's Nik doing?

Shelly said...

The kitties are SO SO CUTE! Have fun with them. And congrats to James! He must be proud to be out of elementary school.

J said...

I hope your swimming pool comes through!

Congrats to James on his graduation. I, too, am amazed by the graduations, as I only attended one, and that was for high school, not kindergarten, nor 5th grade, nor 8th grade. Oh well.

Monday was my one year anniversary of losing my mom. Somehow, that date has brought me both sadness and peace.

Jess said...

I hate HOAs. They are generally run by Type A people who have very specific ideas about what is visually pleasing in a neighborhood and what isn't. My mother got in trouble with her HOA because her sunflowers got too tall. Some people have too much time on their hands. I got chastised by a neighbor for growing tomatoes of all things, apparently only bedding flowers are worthy of garden space in this guy's mind - I was told that we don't live on a farm, even though our neighborhood is in the middle of nowhere surrounded by cornfields. Give me a break.

Enjoy the pool!

Jess said...

P.S. - They also do preschool graduations now. Ridiculous!

TGLB said...

I hate me an HOA. When I went looking for the house I'm now living in, first on my list for the realtor was no homeowners association. Enjoy your pool.