Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Emails...and school memories...

My 20th reunion is coming up this weekend, I guess. I am not going. Not only because of my life these days but also because Leonard and I never went to those things. We kept in touch with those we wanted to from high school and moved on.

Today, logging into my computer, I found condolence notes from high school classmates. As you guess, I was instantly transported back to those breaking days of August '07. So I did what any stupid fool would do. I tried to find the source of the information. As I've said before (and which I am sure many of you find doubtful), Leonard and I were private people and I don't want my private pain (albeit very public here, but this blog isn't very traceable) blasted before a school that was made up of navel gazers and mutual admirers. I found it, finally, on an alumni archive page...and there's not really much I can do about it. It just angers me because we graduated the same year, he is my husband and all that blah, blah... Let it go Laura.

While looking at that page (and averting my eyes from his name) I also found a couple of classmates that I hadn't known had died. We are not being well and long lived here...this class of '88, at least in my high school. That made me melancholy this morning...when I should be doing stuff around the house.

4 comments:

Rach said...

On my high school class' home page, there was a HUGE headline about how B and I needed condolences and a link to Han's obit. I was shocked.

Don't let this ruin your day, Laura. Hang in there and know we're all still pullin' for ya!

Courtney said...

I'm sorry those (insert whatever you want here) ruined your day, but try not to let it ruin it for too long. You have come so far! You should be proud of yourself.

Nance said...

I'm sure it was unpleasant to feel that your privacy had been so garishly violated. I'm also sure that it wasn't meant that way. To most people, it's simply news because it's not their lives. They just assume that since it's been a while now, you're past any initial rawness and most of them are well-meaning in their efforts. Certainly, someone could have checked with you first about including the information on an alumni page. I'd like to think that I would have. In any case, I'm sorry that you had such a shock to your otherwise pleasant run of the past many weeks.

Anonymous said...

Laura,

It was I who let our class know about Leonard and I'm so sorry if it hurt you. It was not done to make you sad or mad, but to let those who thought highly of him, myself included, know that he was no longer with us. Leonard was a great man and I felt he should be honered.

Again, I am truly sorry...

Bethany