And Sundry has a meme type thing up that looks like it will tax my feeble brain. I have never done a meme or answered a question type thing, with the exception of my goofy Myspace page that I did at the urging of my daughter so here goes:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I buried my best friend, my love, my life.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make resolutions, because I am horrible with keeping up with the responsibilities I have and I would end up hating myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
she was not close to me at the time, but my father's girlfriend's daughter had a baby boy in January
4. Did anyone close to you die?
The person who matters most to me did...only I still don't really believe it
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, over Memorial Day Weekend with my husband and kids. His aunt has a place up there
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Nothing, really. The one thing I want I cannot have and I guess 2008 will be spent in coming to terms with that.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 26th is the day life as I knew it ended and December 18th is the day I almost lost my daughter.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through the last 4 months. I did not think I would survive and many times thought about not surviving.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to save my husband
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
For once, no
11. What was the best thing you bought? The Yukon XL. That sounds totally consumerish but it was a dream of my husband's and I am glad we got one.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
So many, many people. The friends who have listened to me without trying to "fix" the friends I have made on the internet, with their messages of caring and the packages and letters they have sent.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mother in law, who somehow blames me... Whose sometimes two-face behavior hurts more than I try to let on.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills
5. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
It is odd that I can't think of one single thing...
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? How to Save a Life
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Much much sadder
b) thinner or fatter?
Much,much thinner c) richer or poorer? Much,much richer in terms of finances and poorer in all the things that matter
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Loving my husband and my life
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Petty disagreements with my husband
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I picked up my daughter Christmas Eve from the hospital (yay) and spent Christmas morning with my mom and grandma and Christmas night with my dad and his girl friend.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I will shamelessly (*blush*) say America's Next Top Model... I can't help it, but I'm totally done with it after they picked Saleisha...
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong word.
24. What was the best book you read? Rhett Butler's People, or it could have been Steven Colbert's I am America (and you can too). Very very funny.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get? There is nothing...really
27. What did you want and not get?
A long and beautiful future with the one person who really knew and loved me.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I am stunned to say Transformers
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Aargh... I turned 37 and I spent it with my husband and kids.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I could have woken up on Christmas morning in my husband's arms
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? If it's clean, put it on.
32. What kept you sane? My father, his girlfriend, my children, this blog and the friends I have made here and other spots, Debbie, Suzanne a ton of people have helped me.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The right of a person to pick whomever they choose to spend their life with, and for those unions to be recognized.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
That's a really, really tough one because, this year, there are so many. But I'm going to go with Rachael.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Never take your life for granted... no matter how mundane or unfulfilling it may seem.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life