Angie tagged me for this meme and it's a rather neat one, in my opinion. Although I fear that many of you will walk away saying, "Holy Crap, the girl is nuts. But I'm going to do it anyway.
The rules are for me to link to the person who tagged me, list 7 weird (I prefer to think charmingly quirky) things about myself and then tag 7 others to play along. And also, most importantly, let them know they have been tagged. In advance, thank you Angie, this is a wonderful idea which will keep my mind off of things for awhile.
1. I must, absolutely must, check my alarm clock 3 times each night or I just know it won't go off in the morning. Seriously...I've tested it. You call it neurotic, I call it cute. But it drove my husband nuts...
2. I am a massive pyrophobiac. When Nik was 3, we lived in a mobile home. The heat tape caught the insulation (nonflammable...my butt) on fire and if I hadn't left work early and woke my husband up when I came in the door, I shudder to think what would happen. Since then, I check the stove, the coffee pot, the furnace (because, stupidly, the laundry chute is right next to it), and anything else that might be fire causing, before leaving the house and/or going to bed.
3. I still read (and re-read and read yet again) Beverly Cleary books. I love them. And they are also a wonderful memory of my childhood which tends to calm me when I am stressed out and sick of playing at being an adult.
4. I have double jointed thumbs and can hook them back behind my hands, which I do to freak my son the heck out.
5. I have no problem leaving the house in my pajamas. I think back to my younger years when I couldn't leave the house without being in full fashionable mode (makeup, hair and outfit) and this blows my mind.
6. I don't know if this qualifies for weird but my mother and I don't like each other very much. We tolerate each other but we are truly from different worlds.
7. When my daughter was born I was only 19. I was ambivalent about it at first and actually told my father that, if I still felt this way when she was born that I would give her up for adoption because I didn't feel it would be fair to a child to raise them just because I gave birth to them. Of course, she rocked my world when she was born, we literally grew up together and I couldn't imagine having ever given her away...troubles and all.
Those are my 7. What are yours, Rebecca, Woli, Jeanette, Heather, Sharpie, Jess T, and Courtney?
This was harder to do than I thought. I guess I am more normal than I thought. /sarcasm.
We did end up going to Windsor last night for dinner. We went to The Tunnel BBQ and, oddly, four of Nik's old classmates (boys that have graduated) were seated right next to us. Odd until you realize the drinking age in Canada is 19 and these boys were celebrating the 19th birthday of one of them.